Everyone faces challenges. Our resilience is how we respond to
When people face challenge, the natural response is to react. Though this is a natural response, it is often not the best strategy.
Challenge can provide opportunities to build resilience, but only if we understand how to use them. We need to learn to reflect and invest rather than react and ignite.
Our response to any challenge–from sharing a toy, to bullying, to peer pressure to climbing a mountain to getting a job– is determined by our understanding of four concepts:
- Self: Who are we and what do we stand for?
- Situation: How do we evaluate the challenge?
- Support: Who can we ask for help?
- Strategies: Do we have specific strategies to draw upon?
In this interactive assembly, appropriate for for Middle and High School, students learn:
- 1) Why we react, (UNDERSTAND)
- 2) How to stop the reaction, (REFLECT)
- 3) How to use those challenges to become more resilient (INVEST).
To find out more information, contact us HERE